Work plus food adventures



This week I am in Denver, at a conference.  I am staying in the hotel for the conference and the hotel is surrounded by office buildings, other hotels, and brand new condominiums.  Google whispers notions of chain restaurants nearby, although I can see nothing but buildings and parking lots for miles around. 

While I hope to venture out of my hotel at some point (dear god get me out of this hotel for at least 5 minutes!), being stuck in a room, in a building, in an office park doesn't mean I can't go on food adventures.  Welcome to the world of food delivery, a feature only marginally available in Merced.  Grubhub delivered these spectacular empanadas to my hotel door this morning.  They are perfect little handheld wonders, full of cheese and meat and veggies.  I have to make these when I get home.  They are like large dumplings, exploding wonder into your mouth. 

Sitting here we have: classic chicken, ham and fontina, mushroom, and corn.  All of them from Maria's Empanadas, my new favorite Denver restaurant.  I might have to order some to bring back to California. 

The week promises lots of socialaizing, lots of rubbing shoulders, lots of catered food and terrible coffee, and very little alone time.  But we are here, trying to change the world one mama at a time.  The weather in Denver is mild, and beautiful.  I can't wait to get started. 

Comments